Thursday, April 16, 2009

Absent from Blogging.......

It is already April! I was thought I just made a post, but that was in February! A lot, actually, too much has been going on at the Timewell Household!

Taboo Cycles has officially opened. This is Kamloops newest cycling shop and it is amazing: I am being a little bias because Greg is part of the team! The new bikes, I am in envy every time I walk in because I am hungry for a new mountain bike.......Cannondale has a couple I have my eye on. But, it is up to the boss to choose the right one for me: why? I don't know a lot about bikes. Hardtail or Full Suspension? Carbon Fiber: of course! It would be nice to have a light mtn. bike to rip up the hills; however, I am still ridiculously slow on the downhill technical portions. I am working on my skills, I have a great group of riders that are very patient with me!

Alex has started Soccer, BMXing, Playing in the Park, riding his bike, making mud in the backyard(we have a lot of dirt), being up to no good with his best buddy Noah! The two of them are inseparable.........what ever they are doing, it involves star wars!!!!! I can not believe he will be 6 years old soon and he is almost done Kindergarten. The French he has picked up this year: they are sponges at this age.

I am very happy to say I am back on with Nike and KINeSYS for the 2009 racing season! Michelle R.(Nike Representative) and family were in Kamloops last week and it was great catching up with them. The kids had a blast on "pitch black" water slide and Alex was so exhausted he fell asleep in the hot tub: this was our cue to pack up and take him home! Also, I am very lucky that KINeSYS kept me as an athlete ambassador for the 2009 racing season: I know a lot of companies had cut backs with the economic times. Thank you for taking me on again. This hot blazing sun in the Interior can do some nasty stuff to your skin and with KINeSYS I am guarded. Also, Alex loves it too, the spray on is perfect and fast to protect the little ones! Last year KINeSYS was generous enough to sponsor Alex's summer daycare: the parents were very impressed with the product. Maybe they might want to help cover a bunch of soccer boys. Taboo Cycles maybe a new sponsor for me; however, we will see if I a new ride comes my way: Hint!

Finally, I am almost done my Clinical Practicum for my Anaesthesiology Assistant Diploma(extension of my Respiratory Therapist degree). The course has taking me 1.5 years to complete while working. I ended up landing a part time position in the Operating Room at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops.

Enjoy the pictures and videos below:


No comments: